Monday, August 19, 2013

Last Letter from the MTC

Written August 10th (Saturday)

Dear Family & Friends,

Mabuti ako dito sa MTC

     Thank you so much for the photo album it's awesome.  It mad me very happy.  I have been waiting for something like that for a while now, I love it, thanks!  I think in the future it would be awesome if you round up pictures from my friends and send them to me that would be wonderful.  Well I don't know when I will next be able to email you so you might not hear from me for a while.  I leave for the Philippines in two days! Oh! and the cookies were bomb!
     So, I am super excited for the Philippines after our teachers have told us a lot about it and it just makes you so stoked to do the work, at the same time I am really nervous and scared! Going to the Philippines is just a dream to me I don''t think it will actually happen.
     By this time next week I will be getting ready to go to church in the Philippines!! Ahh! So sketchy!  I am not looking forward to the flight though it's going to suck! 14 hours!
    I am going to be super sad when I have to leave m y distric, I love thme all so much!  I will be flying with my companion, and another district going to San Pablo.  I think its going to be awesome that I am going to be in Tokyo for a little bit too!
    Being Zone Leader has been pretty fun, it hasn't been as stressful lately bedcause things are getting better and I am also sleeping a lot better, but I don't know how well I will do in the Philippines haha.
So a few funny, weird stories for the audience.....
     So this last week our district volunteered to host the new missionaries coming in on Wednesday.  So as I was waiting for a car to pull up, I saw a sister get out of a truck and she looked exactly like Kira Baird, My math teacher from my Junior year.  I thought it was her at first, but realized it wasn't it was trippy.  Then I saw another girl get out of the truck and it looked even more like Kira Baird and I was like "no way, is that her family!?" because they all looked like her!  Ha! Then Kira Baird gets out of the truck and I was positive that it was her.  It was so weird, I didn't want to go up and break the family love fest.  So I didn't do anything and watched her take off.  I saw her sister, I'm guessing, later that day I saw her standing around and so I went up to her and introduced myself and told her how I know her sister and welcomed her to the MTC.  She probably thought I was super weird and creepy!  Sh also probably forgot who I am now cause of just the moment of just entering the MTC.  But, tell Michelle that I saw Kira and to tell Michelle to tell Kira I said "Hi" because I know she will talk to her haha.
     So another funny story is that there is an elder Ian Anderson in my zone who says he knows Lexi Yraguen! He lives in Riverton and went to Bingham, and apparently him and Lexi dated hahaha! so I got the inside scoop on that ha!  It was just so funny that we both knew Lexi, so we talked about her for a while.
     Well, just looking back on the MTC experience it was so great and full of amazing experiences.  I'm really sad to leave cause I feel my life is here now.  An I have to leave it behind again.  I have grown spiritually here then I probably have my entire life.  This place is amazing!  I am honored to have been given the chance to stay in a place like this.
      I will be taking a lot of pictures today and tomorrow with my teachers, district, and zone.  I will be sending home my SD card and it should be in the envelope.  I think you will love the videos that I have for everyone.
     Knowing that I will be in the Philippines in the next few days makes me feel like I don't know the language at all!  I know it's going to be hard the first few months but I am looking forward to the challenge.
     This past week we were given an opportunity to skype members and do a thing like family home evening.  It was so awesome!  I was so nervous at first but, it was really fun to see where they lived and what it looked like.  They said our Tagalog wasn't bad for six weeks.  I was pretty happy to hear that.  It's going to be so awesome when I am fluent in the language.  I need to find people that know Tagalog so I can keep it for a while and not loose it.  It is going to be weird coming home and adjusting.
         So I can't thin of anything else to say, haha.  I'll just leave this open so if I think of anything I'll write it. . . . . . . . .
      So it's Sunday August 11th I leave for the Philippines tomorrow, scary!!!  This Sunday has been full of emotion from everyone.  Journals are flying around, everyone wants pictures! BTW I got a ton of random pictures and videos so good lick with that ha!  I'm almost ready to go.  Just need to finish packing.  It still doesn't seem real to me, but it's starting to kick in.
      We had our "farewell" already and it is really sad, I am going to miss all these people.  I hope I can stay in touch as much as possible with them through out my mission.
      So when I am in the field, mom I'm sorry to say, but I won't be able to be as detailed as I send my emails home.  Because I can no longer send letters home quickly and I will need to also email other people too.  So bare with me the first couple of weeks.  I took a lot of pictures from my zone and other people, so that should be fun.
     thank you to everyone who has helped and supported me to get here in my life.  In a few days my new home will be in the Philippines.  I love you all and I miss you all..  I'll see you in two years!  Hopefully hear from ya in a few.
     Well off to the Philippines!!

_Elder Kikel

"Tough times don't last....Tough people do"
-D&C 128:17

No comments:

Post a Comment