Saturday, August 10, 2013

Another day in the life at the MTC

Kamusta po ang familya at mga kaibigan!?

     So here I am again on my P-day in the laundry room writing everyone so I will have time to e-mail.  This week has been one of excitement, hard work, and sleepiness.  The call has been every exciting and also very tiring. Since the calling I haven't been able to sleep very well at all and thus forth I am tired all day and work hard to stay focused and set and example.  All the sisters in my district say I look like death haha.  But, I have been blessed to run and not be weary.  The new missionaries that came in are really cool.  I am going to miss my district so much I have gotten to know them so well.
     So the highlights of my week is getting my flight plans!  I can't believe I'll be in the Philippines in a week! It just isn't real to me and I'm scared and excited at the same time.  So mom pay close attention and family. I leave Monday morning August 12th and my first flight leaves from Salt Lake City at 11:15 am.  I arrive in Portland OR at 12:04 pm.  I then leave for Tokyo Japan at 2:10 pm and arrive at 6:25 pm.  I leave for Manila Philippines at 6:26 pm(Aug 13) and arrive at 9:55 pm. Note all these times are in their local times. So good luck guessing when I am where.
      I am so excited to fly over to Japan and the Philippines.  That's going to be a whole new experience for me! kind of scary!  The language is getting a little better, but I am still struggling. I feel like I'm behind everyone but I am trying not to get discouraged and work my hardest.  The food all taste the same now and I want some real food ha!  I will at the airport.
     I did get my hacky sacks thank you!  They are awesome. Regarding the pictures I wanted. I wanted hard copies of pictures. Like, printed out pictures in a picture book.  That would be so nice!  You can send pictures of anything and everything that anybody wants too.  Its all very much appreciated.
     Well that's all I pretty much have to say. Thanks to everyone who sends my Dear Elders and e-mails it really does help me during the week.

Love you all

-Elder Kikel

P.S. My purpose in Tagalog...

(he wrote it out all in Tagalog but it is so different I couldn't type it so I'll just type what he translated)

To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them believe the restored gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment