Monday, July 29, 2013

He's bringing down the spiritual hammer!

Hey everyone!!

 Hey so Mom I now know why missionaries e-mails aren't as detailed. It is because we have no time to put detail into our E-mails!! We only have an hour and we have to e-mail back everybody! My e-mail last week took me 45min and I wasn't able to e-mail back a few people and I felt bad. So I have all ready sent home another huge letter explaining my week and other stuff in detail but, for today I just want to share the Highlight of my week and then Mom, you can type up the rest when you get my letter. Oh and BTW my Birthday was awesome! All the details are in my letter but It went really well and I just love everybody in my District and in my Zone.

So the Highlight of my week. Better get some tissues everybody, I'm bringing down the spiritual hammer.

At the beginning of the week on of the Sisters in my District was starting to get really sick, she was going to the doctors office to find out what was going on and they couldn't really find out what was going on with her and prescribed her some medicine that didn't effect really well and she was getting in really bad shape by mid week! She was telling us that if she doesn't get better that they might send her home until they can figure out what is going on. She could not walk by herself, she would constantly fall, and was shaking vigorously. I was very concerned cause she is so nice and she sacrificed so much to be here, and I didn't want her to go home. Well, the next day out of nowhere she pulled me aside and asked me if I would give her a Priesthood blessing. I was shocked! It just came out of no where and at the moment I didn't know what to do! Of course I said I would, but since I have never given a blessing for the sick before I was extremely nervous.
      My companion and I set her and the other sisters in a small room and sat her down, kind of talking about why she wanted to do this and what was going on. So as I nervously referred to the White Handbook to make sure that I do the blessing correctly, My companion anointed the oil for the sick and the afflicted and then it was my turn! I can't even tell you how nervous I was. My voice was shaky, and I just didn't know what to say, It all came about so quick! but, as I started the blessing the Spirit just took over, thoughts just popped in mind that I felt like I should say. I could not believe how strong the spirit was. I felt like the door was going to blow off its hinges because of the Spirit that was in that tiny little room. As I finished we were all almost to tears because of this experience.
      I am so grateful that this sister had the trust and faith in me to give her a blessing even after knowing I have never done it before! It was definitely a huge testimony builder for me and also increase my faith! By that night she was starting to feel better, and by the next day she was almost her original self again, my companion and I just looked at her and then we looked at each other, just smiled and said: "That is so cool, the power of the Priesthood" He shared some of his experiences with blessings and how the Priesthood has helped him in his life and it was just really awesome to have experience all of that. Unfortunately that Sister started to get really bad again... I was so bummed but I did not lose Faith cause I know she is here to serve and that she has faith and that the Lord will take care of her, we all just need to have a little patience.
      She soon came to me and companion again asking for another blessing but with more Priesthood members present and someone with more experience gave the blessing this time haha. It was still as strong, and comforting to know that I can be apart of this experience and have been given the opportunity to do so! Since the second Priesthood blessing she has been recovering very well! she has been herself, is eating, and is even playing volleyball with us, so  as all of our Faith and Testimonies are building, we are preparing ourselves to do the exact same thing out in the Field in a totally different language.
 
Nagpapasalamat po ako para sa pagkakataon ng buhay ko ito. Alam ko po na totoo and Priesthood kapangyarihan. Alam ko po na totoo and Aklat ni Mormon. Nagpapasalamat po ako para sa Ebanghelyo at Pagbabayad-sala ni Jesucristo. Alam ko po na babasbasan ng Ebanghelyo sa buhay natin. Alam ko po na Salita ng Diyos and Aklat ni Mormon. at, Nagpapasalamat po ako para sa pamilya ko at mga kaibigan.
 
Sa pangalan ni Jesucristo. Amen.
 
(I am thankful for this opportunity in my life. I know the Priesthood Power is true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I am thankful for the Gospel and Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know the Gospel will bless our lives. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. and I am thankful for my Family and Friends.
 
In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.)
 
-Elder Kikel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment