Monday, March 16, 2015

My Heart Yearns for Consecration

Hello Everyone! Another week has gone by, faster and faster the days and weeks, and months go. I remember before my mission, thinking 3 months was a long time, but in reality it is such a short time.

Well there isn't much to share today about our work, its been pretty simple, just the daily missionary life. Nothing special really happened, but still learning everyday. Which is something I would like to share with you now.

So lately I have been reading Jesus the Christ! I am almost done with it I am on chapter 36, and wow! I have learned so much! I think its so cool how James E. Talmage totally explains the background, and history of everything to help us understand why things happened. I just feel so much closer to my savior, and feel like I know him better, and understand his purpose, and I have gained a greater understanding what my father in heaven expects of me... Consecration.. 

As I have been reading Jesus the Christ I have been noticing something. As we surely all know that everything Jesus did, was to teach, and to edify, especially his apostles. Everything Christ did was to teach them and to prepare them for there apostolic missions, and to bring the gospel to the world. in that course, it is noted several times that to do this, they have to give up absolutely everything, and literally give theirs lives to follow Jesus Christ. I think that is amazing. They were consecrated, and because they were consecrated they enjoyed blessings beyond their comprehension. It gave me a great appreciation for our modern day apostles, and their consecration to their life time callings, as well as the Prophet. My little part of the Vineyard I have to take care of here in Calauag is exhausting and the most challenging I have done in my life, let alone the whole world, and the entire church haha those men are men of the Priesthood, and power. To be able to do the things they do at the age of 80+ is insane. 

I really tried to relate this to myself, and how I can strive to apply this principle of exaltation to myself these last 3 months in my mission and for the rest of my life, and I am blessed with opportunities to serve those within my reach. I am so grateful for knowledge of this gospel that has blessed me with the desire to serve, and to bless the lives of others. Once we have found our way in the Plan of God, I believe it is our duty to try and help as many others as we can to find their way as well. I frequently have these feelings as i go about doing missionary work, and I hope I will be able to continue and practice these feelings as i return home.

I hope we can all strive to apply this principle in our lives, and strive to become perfect like our father in heaven who is perfect, and remember, that God doesn't expect immediate perfection, but he does expect immediate progress. line upon, line, precept upon precept we will learn how to become like our Father in Heaven. 

Thanks for all your prayers and support the each one of you give in my behalf, I really appreciate, and I have been feeling those prayers and support lately as well. Let us all yearn for Consecration that we may have eternal happiness with the ones we love. 

--
Elder Kikel
-on the Lord's errand-
San Pablo Philippines Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment