Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hot Shower and Puke!

Happy Monday, or what ever day when you read this.

Lets get too it!

Mission tour was great! I guess you can say I have been blessed to be assigned in the far areas, because once again I got to travel and stay in a hotel! With the hot showers! Lucky me!
Those hot showers are such a luxury here I can't even describe it, just imagine yourself taking showers out of a dirty bucket and feels like ice water for months, then taking a nice hot shower... ahhh... so nice! Those are easily 45min showers. Anyways, enough about the showers, I have talked about those plenty of times. The travel is fun, we had a 6 hour bus ride to San Pablo, its a good time and we get to kwento-kwento (Story telling) and we all know thats my favorite. Sometimes they have movies on the buses and as missionaries we call those the tender mercies of the Lord. Ha! as always when we got off the bus we went to San Pablo mall and had a good time eating, and being with the Zone. When we got to the hotel we started doing guy stuff haha, started with a push up contest, then arm wrestling, and then eventually turned into real wrestling haha, I wrestled a huge Tongan and got thrown around like a rag doll. But of course the best day was the next day at mission tour. 

So let me tell how my mission tour started. I didn't lose all my money this time, but I forgot my bag at McDonalds! and I realized it right before Elder Bowen arrived so I went and talked to the AP's and told them I was going to be late. McDonalds wasn't far away so I thought we could get back in time before they started and guess what happened when we got on the road! There was a flippin Parade outside! ha... are you kidding me!? ITs wednesday, and there is a General Authority in the area. When we got back Elder Bowen was shaking hands with the last few missionaries, and we just slipped in line just in time ha, President was laughing and shaking his head at me. Yeah, so that was a good start... Mission Tour was really good, Elder Bowen is awesome I think he was really inspired in what he shared with us. He talked a lot about obedience and because of the lack of obedience in this mission there is also a lack of power in the mission. Ha he chastized us pretty good, but it was exactly what this mission needed. he was also crackin all kinds of one liners which was pretty funny, all in all it was a good conference and there is a lot of stuff that I learned about the Priesthood and the Abrahamic Covenant,.

Okay I got a couple good stories I think you guys will get a laugh at. First off there is a sister I met when I was in my first area... now don't jump ahead of me, I know what you are all thinking... This sister was just super outgoing so of course we got a long pretty quick, but ever since I left my first area, I have never been in the same Zone as her, but I always see her somehow whenever I travel in the mission, or at Zone conferences and stuff like that.  For some weird reason we always get so excited when we see each other and we talk to each other like we have known each other for years. Okay so now we have a little background I will tell you what happened. I saw here at the mission tour and she was talking to an elder, and I approached her to engage in the conversation, and when she saw me she just totally stopped talking to that Elder turned to me and yelled "Elder Kikel, I freakin missed you!" hahahah I thought she was going to hug me or something!  The look on the Elder's face she was talking too was hilarious, I felt bad too for interrupting their conversation. We talked for a few minutes and right before we left, saying our good byes she said, "Okay, I love you Elder Kikel", and just naturally I said, "I love you too, Sister." hahahahaha, then suddenly we both just realized what we just said, and we both were like "Uh...umm... got to go!"  Ha it was so classic, we just started laughing and understood what we meant. Yeah, good times...

All right the next story was when I was on the bus, I was carrying a basketball that I just bought the day before, and there was this kid who kept pukin on the floor of the bus in front of us. and we all know were this is going.... yes... I dropped my brand new basketball in the kids puke and it was there for a couple minutes because I didn't want to pick it up hahaha it was a pretty good laugh as well. 

It was fun, plus I have a new District Leader, Elder Nielson he is from Canada. He is a cool guy, first time we met we just talked about video games for a couple hours hahah ah great, here we go again! Its always nice to with the americans again, and get some support here in Lopez Zone. The Zone isn't doing to bad anymore its actually pretty good now, everyone here from what I know is working hard and having success so thats good, us on the other hand are stuck in the rutt that we need to get out off, I have been here for 1 month now and we have only found a few investigators, and they are not very progressing, but we are still trying to keep our spirits up, and support the ward in their missionary activities. I like this Ward, as always the members are super nice, and loving, and its fun because I can actually understand them now! My tagalog isn't perfect but I am able to understand a lot more after Mindoro. So that work is the same but, we are all learning our own personal experiences here. 

Thats it for today, I hope you enjoyed it! Love you all! 
--
Elder Kikel
-on the Lord's errand-
San Pablo Philippines Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment