Monday, October 27, 2014

Spiritually Fed

I don't know how to start these e-mails anymore I feel like I say the same thing over and over, what would be a good introduction to my e-mails?

This week was all right, I wasn't able to work for 2 days because I got sick! I hate those times that prevent you from doing the Lord's will, so stay clean, eat healthy, and exercise! I don't know how or where it came from but I just had like the worst LBM (lose bowel movements) is what they call it here in the Philippines or back in a America diarrhea! haha, I won't go into too much detail to spare you all the hard ache but man oh man was it a sight for sore eyes ;) Lets just say I went to the bathroom 22 times in 2 days! not a fun experience, and I don't even know how much weight I lost, I was losing water faster then I could drink it! hahaha yeah wasn't fun, and I am still recovering but I am doing a lot better, I thought I had the iron stomach after being here so long! I was proven wrong...

Other then that the couple of days we had to work were good, and we found some new investigators to teach, we are currently trying to follow up with them, and help them come closer to Christ. I wish I could tell you all about the things that we talk about with people and the topics of conversation because its just so inspiring! Everyone here is not afraid to talk about Jesus Christ, in fact its a common topic of conversation, Unlike back at home where it couple be a little bit awkward if in the wrong setting. Here you can literally walk up to a random person with introducing who you are and ask them what their relationship with Jesus Christ is and they will tell you with out hesitation! isn't that awesome! Only if the entire world was like that. 

We had a stake conference this last Sunday which was fun, its all ways fun to see the entire stake get together and hear from the leaders of the stake, there was some good talks given, my companion almost fell asleep because he couldn't understand anything yet, haha but he is doing good, and definitely works hard which is exactly what the Lord needs. The ward is good, the ward actually seems a lot happier lately, and are having fun. 

I played a prank on Elder Olsen last night it was hilarious! I have always told him how Filipinos will just stuff you till you throw up, or else they will get offended. which sometimes they actually do! but last night we were at the bishops house, and I told his wife to just keep forcing food on his plate, until he has to say no. but, I told Elder Olsen to say no or else they will get mad at him. hahahahah so the entire family was in on it and boy did they just stuff him with food it was hilarious! He ate like 2 plates of rice, with all kinds of vegetables, and sausages, and a liter of soda. Then they started forcing him to eat bread and peanut butter, ice candy, and anything else they could find! He wasn't lookin to good so I had mercy upon his soul and told them to stop, they were all laughin pretty hard and he had no Idea why, the curses of not knowing the language... but I got a good laugh out of it as well, and said I never wants to do that again. 

So according to the Title of this e-mail tomorrow we are attending a Special Missionary training meeting in San Pablo! We all thought is was going to be an apostle but its not, its pretty dang close though! We are going to be taught by Elder Robbins who spoke in this last General Conference he was the one who gave the talk "Where do you face?" and also another General Authority I believe who name is Elder Tobias I think. So its going to be awesome! President said we couldn't sleep over at other missionaries apartments to go to the meeting because we are so far way, but he did say that if we leave early enough we can attend the meeting. So as a Zone we hired a van and are leaving at 3 am tomorrow, and for us Elders in Calauag we have to travel to the Zone Leaders area first because that is where we will start and we have to go at like 8pm because there are no more buses, so we will be there all night long with 3 other companionship! that means MONOPOLY!! ALL night long!!  WHOOO! haha I am so excited haha Its going to be a good couple of days, and hopefully we can stay awake for the messages these great men will give. I will share a report next week on what they taught about! 

Thanks for everyone's support I love you all! 

--
Elder Kikel
-on the Lord's errand-
San Pablo Philippines Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment